Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Psalm 119:59 His Ways Are Enough

I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes.

Psalm 119:59
Does this describe you?

Or does one of the following sound more like you?

I was frustrated because my plans and actions landed me in a big mess, so I'm going to make a half-hearted attempt at a different approach to life.
I was accused of doing wrong and I chose denial, refusing to admit my guilt.
Someone pointed out the error of my ways, and I resented them for it.
I narrowly escaped disaster because of my own choices, and I refused to face my fears, pretending everything will be just fine.
Chasing my desires keeps coming back to bite me, so I gave up on controlling myself.
I know I need to make big changes in my life, and I keep wishing I had the passion and discipline to do what it would take.
I was punished for the things I've done wrong, so I went through the motions of acting sorry, begging for another chance.
I've embarrassed myself in front of others, so I put up a good front to convince them I'm different now.
Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. At every point you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter.

II Corinthians 7:10-11
It's your choice. Do you want to cling to your own way of doing things, when when they continually fall short?

Or are you ready to admit that God's ways are enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment