Monday, February 15, 2016

Now in Print: What's In It For Me?

Eric and David, part of the Free Feast grilling crew, both said they volunteer for service to set an example for their kids.

“They see what I do and why I do it,” said Dave. “And they grow up wanting to do the same.”

“It helps me be a better husband and father,” said Nate. “It helps model to my family the example Jesus himself set, in that he came to serve, not to be served. When there are opportunities for us to serve at church as a family, it’s even greater!”

“Any event or activity where you can participate as a family strengthens the entire family,” said Steve.

Lydia, a staff member at the Mizzou CCH, said she grew up in a home where involvement in ministry was the norm.

“My dad was involved in ministry to people, so there were always people in our home. That meant there were so many more people in my life, setting an example for who I was growing up to be.”

All because she had a father who knew the value of serving the Lord.

Read the rest at http://www.lookoutmag.com/whats-in-it-for-me/

No comments:

Post a Comment