Friday, February 26, 2016

Now in Print: 140 Character

It’s not about getting noticed for what you tweet with your 140 characters. It’s about the godly character you express in the tweet.

David was a thought leader a millennium before the time of Christ. His 140th Psalm still speaks powerfully about how the people of God should conduct themselves online in the 21st century.

Rescue me, Lord, from evildoers; protect me from the violent, who devise evil plans in their hearts and stir up war every day. They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent’s; the poison of vipers is on their lips. Keep me safe, Lord, from the hands of the wicked; protect me from the violent, who devise ways to trip my feet. The arrogant have hidden a snare for me; they have spread out the cords of their net and have set traps for me along my path (Psalm 140:1-5). 

Eugene Petersen’s The Message makes those same verses sound like David was talking specifically about the social media environment:
They practice the sharp rhetoric of hate and hurt, speak venomous words that maim and kill. . . . Stuffed with self-importance, they plot ways to trip me up, determined to bring me down.
Read the rest at http://christianstandard.com/2016/02/140-character-how-to-be-a-social-media-missionary/

No comments:

Post a Comment