Monday, June 29, 2020

Psalm 119:167 Obey & Love


I obey your statutes,
for I love them greatly. 

Psalm 119:167
Seems so simple. And yet so often we get it so wrong. Which of these have you substituted for David's simple approach to life and the Word?

     I study your statutes, for they stimulate my mind greatly.

I organize and manage your statutes, for they challenge me greatly.

     I outline your statutes, for I love PowerPoint.

I interpret you statutes, for I love my opinions greatly.

     I stand firm on your statues, for I greatly love being right.

I turn your statutes into memes, for I love going viral.

     I critique your statutes, for I love being a respected and distinguished scholar.

I shrug off your statutes, for I love freedom from laws.

     I wink at your statutes, for I love my lifestyle more than I love your statues.

I sarcastically refer to your statutes, for I love being cynically woke.

     I twist your statutes into pretzels, for I love being both woke and spiritual.

I obey your statutes,
for I love them greatly. 

Psalm 119:167

No comments:

Post a Comment