Monday, December 2, 2019

Psalm 119:140 Testing

Your promises have been thoroughly tested,
 and your servant loves them.


Psalm 119:140

Which promises have you tested? And loved?

A few of my favorites:
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

Isaiah 40:29
He doesn't necessarily always give physical strength to Karen and I when we're weary and weak. But as we've grown older and our physical problems have multiplied, he has multiplied our spiritual strength to continue serving him by his power.
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

James 1:5
I've made some really ill-advised choices in my life. Actually, they were stupid choices, and some of them we're still paying for. And yet we continually have asked God to supply us with wisdom, even when we're in the middle of a mess of our own creating. And he has followed through on that promise, without wagging his finger at us and saying, I told you so.
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

II Chronicles 7:14
This is the promise I'm testing most right now. I'm trusting that if I encourage and exhort my fellow believers to humble ourselves enough to stop assuming our brand of politics or lifestyle is God-ordained, if we'll turn from our wicked ways of selling our holy integrity for a set of unholy deals with unholy politicians and false preachers, that God will indeed forgive our wayward ways and hear our land.

No comments:

Post a Comment